Today on My Craft Table – I am making gifts for an upcoming birthday part, new baby or housewarming. Those that follow my blog -know i live out in rural Louisiana. An hour away from any large store- and sometimes you need a quick gifts . So in my craft cabinet (Yes -I have one) I keep a few basic supplies and between that and the kitchen you can make some quick gifts for ant occasion.
- Coconut oil ( This is a local brand but buy what you can ) You will use it all the time.
- Pour & mold soap
- Beeswax pellets
- Additives ( Dried flowers and herbs from my garden)
- Candle wax
- Empty containers
- Epson Salt
- And from the Kitchen – Sugar,Salt. Baking Soda ,Olive oils, spices it various.
Today Lets talk about Basic Sugar & Salt Scrubs –
- 1/2 cup sugar (white or brown sugar- preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup oil (olive oil ,coconut,sunflower )
- Optional: essential oils of your preference.
To make it-
- Combine the coconut oil and one cup of the sugar in a bowl and mix until creamy.
- Add the essential oil while continuing to stir. This is when you would add coloring too.
- Add the remaining sugar until the formula reaches the desired consistency.
- Scrub away and love your super soft skin!
Try add Pumpkin Spice and Cinnamon to Brown Sugar & Concoct Oil. I place mine in pretty little jam mason jars and decorate for gift giving.
Salt Scrub Recipes-
Lately I was at the store and noticed Epson salts comes in flavors ( So give this a try)
Epson Salt Scrup
1 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Epson salt ( comes in flavors)
Drops of matching fragrance
Sea Salt Scrub Recipe-
1 cup coarse sea salt, 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil, 5 to 7 drops of essential oil, and a 10-ounce glass container.( small jam mason jars)
- Add the salt. Pour 1 cup of salt into the empty glass container.
- Add the oil. …
- Add essential oil. …
- Stir the mixture. …
- Seal and gift.
Hope you enjoy these -Have fun and Experiment . If any allergies just change out ingredients and substitute . More great gifts coming soon. Lisa