Thursday Food Find – Crock pot Meat loaf
As a Mom and an on line home schooling mom -Time is a big factor. And my Crock Pot is an essential tool in my life. This is my 3rd crock pot and has some fancy buttons but being able to fix a meal and forget it for a while is a great thing.
Today – item is Meat loaf. Invented by thrifty housewives during the Great Depression this classic can be made in a slow cooker.
- Ground meat
- 2 eggs
- Seasoning- green pepper,onion,celery chopped fine.
- Enough bread crumbs to make it come together to form loaf
- Salt,pepper.creole seasoning blend
- Form to Loaf – and place in a crock pot.
- On top of meatloaf -place an indention. Run BBQ sauce and then ketchup on top.
- Cook on Low – 6 to 8 hours until done.
I serve with Mashed potatoes or Macaroni cheese and greens.
- Make Extra large meatloaf so you can have sandwiches the next day. Yum!