Let Rock Today * My Craft Table
Today’s Craft Table Fun- Rocks and No Not the Pet Rock Kind!
I have been reading and see lots of articles about Rocks and crafts – I thought I can do that -so outside I went to a Rock pile.
But What kind?
- Size and shape based on projects –
- Needed that on top if I wanted to paint or stamp on
- Flat on bottom if I needed to use as a stand
- Not to big -so it was out of place.
So I picked them out. Gave them a good scrub -let Dry overnight.
Painted a base coat -let Dry.
Now What to Make?
Rock 1 – Directions
- I decided to make an owl ( they are cool /wise)
- I decided to use fine tip markers to make my design and then paint.
Modge Podge to set – Let Dry.
Next 2 Rocks with smooth bottoms –
Wrapper wire ( flower wire from Dollar Tree) – and made picture and place card holders. I can see these as table decorations for parties and picnics.
- Measure off a piece of wire for the photo holder. Wrap around a circle shape (i used a marker a couple of times )
- than the rest of the wire farm the neck ( depending on use adjust height}
- wraps around the rock base.
Try this out with you kids -I am sure you can come up with some great inexpensive idea for your garden or Table. These Rocks are No Pet Rocks. Lisa