Thursday food find-
My basic Jambalaya recipe with small Penna pasta instead of rice. Make it for your family or for a crowd it will be a family favorites. So if you want an actual recipe – goggle this you will come up with tons of recipes & videos. T ake a look you might find something you like better – this is my version ( with quick an easy hints)
- Chicken ( cut up /take off skin)
- Sausage ( Cajun,Hot -cut in bit size pieces)
- Can of crushed tomatoes.
- Holy Trinity ( chopped fine -onion,bell pepper & celery) you can buy frozen here.
- Extra chicken stock/water ( about 3 cups)
- 1 box small Penna pasta
- salt,pepper,thyme,garlic powder ( Creole Seasoning powder)
In a pot – place about 1 Tablespoon of oil and brown chicken lightly -cover with water and Seasoning. Cook until done. Save the chicken and strain stock to use later.
- You can use boneless/skinless chicken here. Cut up & brown and use bought chicken Broth.
In the pot brown cut up sausage – add Trinity -chicken ,tomatoes and stock. Add Creole Seasoning blend – Let cook about 25 minutes.
Add 2 cups of stock & 1 cup water to mixture and bring to boil. Stir in Penna and cook till tender. The pasta will soak up all the liquid from the pot. Sprinkle with fresh parsley & serve. ( you may need more or less of stock depending on how much liquid you have from the mixture above) You need enough liquid to cook the pasta you are using.
**You can also stop at the first 25 minutes and cook your pasta separate and then add to meat mixture.
Try it – You may need to adjust it some but I am sure it will become a big hit at your house.