- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 6 ounces of hot strong coffee
- Whipped cream
- Optional: 3/4 ounce Irish cream, or a teaspoon of brown sugar
- Pour the whiskey into an Irish coffee mug.
- Put a spoon in the mug and pour in the coffee the spoon somehow magically keeps the glass from breaking due to the hot liquid (don’t ask me how, just enjoy the laws of physics).
- If you’re adding sugar, do it now and stir until it dissolves.
- Add the whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with coffee beans, coffee grinds or brown sugar sprinkle