Welcome to Wednesday ! i am away from home today but I made this Sourdough Bread last weekend. Its the first time I made starter & Bread from scratch. Lisa
So first You need to make the Starter.
- So you need to plan ahead -but once made you can keep feeding your starter.
- Om Monday I put 3/4 C plus ( 2T) of AP flour & 1/2 C warm water. Stir. And lightly cover & let set on counter ( some where safe)
- On Tues,Wed.Thurs & Friday – I add 3/4 C flour & 1/2 C warm water. S tiring each Day.
*This starter uses No Yeast & just the air /nature .
On Saturday I made the bread in bread machine using this starter:
. Using this recipe from genius kitchen
- 1 cup sourdough starter, you must have a starter available
- 3⁄4 cup water warm
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast (not rapid rise yeast)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
Place first 4 ingredients in – Mix & let sit. About 10 minutes Then add remaining items. Se to Basic cycle. Enjoy