- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peach slices
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup light rum
- Garnish: lime slices, mint sprigs
- For a peach daiquiri, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine peaches, sugar, water, orange liqueur, and lime juice. Cook until peaches are thawed and softened and sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Pour peach mixture into the container of a blender, and pulse until very smooth. Pour into a large bowl or pitcher, and stir in rum. Freeze overnight. Stir just before serving. Pour into 8-ounce glasses, and garnish with lime slices and mint sprigs, if desired.
- For a strawberry daiquiri, substitute a 16-ounce package of frozen whole strawberries.
- For a blackberry-and-lime daiquiri, substitute a 12-ounce bag of frozen blackberries and 3/4 cup frozen limeade concentrate. Omit lime juice.
The Pelican State has its very own tradition of the daiquiri, and though rum, lime, and sugar are always welcome, the tradition of the daiquiri from Ruston to Baton Rouge to New Orleans holds true to three essential characteristics:
1. Daiquiris are made with a good amount of booze, if not more than a good amount.
2. Daiquiris are served frozen to a slush just thin enough to slide through a straw.
3. Daiquiris are typically served to-go, in a Go Cup, be it from a Drive-Thru Daiquiri Shop, a neighborhood Daiquiri Shop, or any other bar equipped with a Daiquiri machine. ( Yes – A Go Cup with straw taped on the lid)
In New Orleans and in all of Louisiana, daiquiris may be made with any type of spirit and flavor. There really isn’t anything that you can’t put in a daiquiri.
Need a Virgin Daiquiri Recipe :
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces frozen sliced strawberries in syrup (or fresh)
- 1 -3 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- cracked ice
- Fill a blender with cracked ice. Add lime juice, strawberries, and sugar. Blend until smooth. You may add a little water if too thick. Pour into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with an extra strawberry or an orange slice. Serve in a pretty glass, Enjoy