Today we Celebrate National Daiquiri Day
In Louisiana we celebrate it everyday ! With drive up shops. But you might question the law about it ?
Drive-through daiquiri outlets began appearing in Louisiana in the early 1980s. By law, window customers may only be handed an unpunctured “closed container” cup. … Louisiana’s distinctive practice of handing a customer a straw and a “closed container” evolved over time, and not without skirmishes along the way.
But today they are common as any fast food place : So let’s Drive up and order !
But if you don’t Live close by :
So get the Blender Out & Let’s Make some Frozen Daiquiri’s :
- 3/4 cups rum
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups ice
- Place the ice in the bottom of the blender.
- Pour the other ingredients into the blender in the order listed.
- Pulse the blender a few times to begin to break up the ice. If your blender has an “ice” option, use it when pulsing until the ice has been reduced to small pieces.
- Set the blender to “high”, keeping it on the “ice” or “frozen” setting.
- Blend until the beverage is smooth and contains no large ice pieces.
- Take the pitcher off the blender and bang the bottom on the counter once or twice to settle the mixture.
- Return it to the blender and blend for an additional 10 or 15 seconds. This will help break up any remaining ice or strawberry chunks sitting on top.
- Shake the blender container slightly as you pour to help loosen the mixture and help it slide out easily.
- Pour into four, tall frosted glasses and garnish each with a fresh strawberry.