Need something cute for the Treat table :
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup of Sugar
- and something like red hots/ icing or mini m&m (to make eyes)
Icing Bag with Large round icing tip .
Baking sheet lined with foil -sprayed with cooking spry :
Pre Heat oven 225 degrees :
- Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites for a few minutes on high speed until they become frothy (you will see lots of little bubbles).
- Next, add your sugar in small amounts.
- Finally, mix in the cream of tartar.
- Continue to whip the mixture until it gets stiff (meaning that it holds a shape when stopped)
- Place the meringue mixture into an icing bag.
- Using your icing bag and a large round icing tip, continually press the meringue mixture directly down onto the foil. Press down and lift up to create layered stacks for each ghost (release the pressure just a tiny bit, pulling up on your frosting bag at the same time in between each layer).
- Bake them for about 45 minutes or until the tops become a little brown.
After cooling they will be ready to decorate !!!! Lisa