Today from my kitchen I am posting about last minute gifts you can Cook up in your kitchen – so here some family favorites. First up perfect for anyone- hot chocolate in a jar with Homemade marshmallows perfect combo-
Hot Chocolate in a Jar :
3 tablespoons powdered creamer
3 tablespoons powdered milk
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- Tag on Jar
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Add ½ cup of the hot chocolate mix to 1 cup of boiling water in a mug and stir until completely combined. Top with marshmallows, if desired, and enjoy!
Homemade Marshmallows :
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup ice cold water, divided
- 12 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Nonstick spray
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Lightly spray a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the sugar and cornstarch mixture and move around to completely coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Return the remaining mixture to the bowl for later use.
- When ready, pour the mixture into the prepared pan, using a lightly oiled spatula for spreading evenly into the pan. Dust the top with enough of the remaining sugar and cornstarch mixture to lightly cover. Reserve the rest for later. Allow the marshmallows to sit uncovered for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Turn the marshmallows out onto a cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares using a pizza wheel or knife dusted with the confectioners’ sugar mixture. Once cut, lightly dust all sides of each marshmallow with the remaining mixture, using additional if necessary.
You can package together in a large jar or you can place Marshmallows in a plastic bag or jar and give separate, Lisa