It’s Friday ! And I am all about Sewing – something I learned at an early age with my Mom and Grandma . And later at college when I took more complicated lessons. But I have always had a special place in my heart for the simple basic – Hand Sewing that we all can learn. Lisa
Hand Sewing Magic is an essential reference to all things stitching, featuring how-tos for dozens of stitches, from the basics for sewing and mending to stunning embroidered embellishment.
Hand Sewing Magic is a modern, all-in-one guide for hand stitchers of all levels of skill and experience, and for all applications. In this unique guide book you will:
- Get an in-depth overview of essential tools and materials, including thread, needles, fabric, and other key supplies.
- Explore a comprehensive visual dictionary of 35 stitches plus dozens of variations, from basic mending to stylish decorative embellishment to unique art stitching.
- Discover key techniques, from starting and ending threads to the right way to use an embroidery hoop, from stitching curved shapes to color shading, and more.
- Learn essential tips and tricks from influential and innovative stitchers, including Joanne Sharpe, Allison Aller, and Catherine Redford.
- 10 simple and stunning projects show unique ways to use stitches and techniques.
With Hand Sewing Magic, you’ll make the most of your hand stitching and give all your projects a beautiful handmade look.
Net Galley Book review:
This is a great book that cover Hand Sewing in many different types- from simple basic hand sewing to more decorative embroidery stitches you can use to decorate your house. With a simple visual dictionary of stitches its easy to learn the stitches and use them in projects from simple repair to beautiful projects. So get the book,start reading and get too hand sewing.