Need a quick and easy Valentine gift for the cook in the family! A Valentine Apron.
What you need :
- Valentine Kitchen towel (mine came from Dollar store)
- Ribbon ( will be the Ties for the apron) in matching color
- Basic Sewing Supplies /Machine
- Fold dish towel in half width-wise -with pattern showing
- Make three pleats by pinching fabric (1 in middle of towel and 1 on each side ) Pin in place.( Box pleats) . Then sew across the top of pleats to keep them in place.
- Then measure out enough ribbon to go around wait and add extra for ties (you make have to guess if you are giving as a gift/extra is always good)
- Then pin Ribbon on to dishtowels (fold ribbon in half this is the center and pin to center of towel. Pin across in place and sew -across . Both top and bottom. You can also use a decorative stitch if you have one on your machine.