Happy Weed Day !
No ! Not that type of weed but the kind you find growing in your backyard now that Spring has sprung . Today in my kitchen -Dandelion greens . I have been out picking them since I use the flowers in lotions and had some leftovers stems /greens so here’s a tasty recipe :
- 1 big bunch of dandelion greens ( 4 C cleaned)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 T Butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 onion /chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic / mashed
- Soak dandelion greens in a large bowl of cold water with 1 teaspoon salt for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon salt. Cook greens until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until chilled.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and red pepper flakes until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Increase heat to medium-high and add dandelion greens. Continue to cook and stir until liquid is evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.