Perfect for Tuesday ! We are celebrating Peanut Butter and Jelly day !! With this bar recipe ….
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ cups raspberry jam or other jam
- 2/3 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Set the oven at 350 degrees and butter and flour a 9 X13 X2 pan .
In a mixer cream the butter and sugar until creamy. add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until well combined.
In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt and add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.
Spread two thirds of the dough in the prepared pan, using a knife to spread it evenly. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam. Don’t worry if all the jam isn’t covered; the dough will spread when it bakes. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut into small squares.