Recycling Old Crayons Fun :
As a Mom and Crafter at the end of the school year we always have leftover Crayons from school. So let’s turn them into a fun project -so I can buy New crayons….. Lisa
Gather up all of your broken crayons; unwrap them, and cut them into small pieces. Size and shape will depend on what you are making.
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees while children fill the tin with crayon pieces, arranging them in interesting designs. Bake just until the waxes have melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the shapes after they have cooled. If they stick, place tray in the freezer for an hour, and the crayons will pop out.
Heart Shape using Silicon molds :
Place the silicone mold on a sheet pan. Bake the crayons at 230 degrees for 15 minutes. Pull the melted crayon hearts out and let them cool. When they have completely cooled, pop them out.
Wax paper melting fun.
- Shave crayons
- Cut or tear wax paper and fold in half to crease the center
- Place shave crayons in a shape on one side/ fold over
- Place sandwich on Newspaper to prevent crayons spreading and ruining ironing board.
- Iron on low heat (Silk setting) until melted. Using melt crayons as is or in a design.
- Using an oven
- Microwave them slowly in a microwave safe container.
- Double boiler on the stove.
Other Uses for Crayons :
I use them to color Candles and Lipstick ( made with oil and shea butter)