Monday is Memorial Day ! Have a family picnic planned? Well if you do you may need my DIY to take care of Insects….
For your table :
- Mason Jars
- lemon/limes sliced
- Rosemary sprigs
- floating candles (dollar store)
- essential oils : rosemary, citronella , lavender
In each jar placed lemon/lime slices. Then place springs in and then fil with water and essential oil. Place floating candle on top .
- 1 cup lavender water
- 30 drops lemon eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops citronella essential oil
To make lavender water, boil one cup of water. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh or dried lavender flowers and 2 dried cloves. Let steep until water cools. Strain liquid into a dark glass bottle with a spritz top.
Add lemon eucalyptus and citronella essential oils. Shake well before each use. Apply to exposed skin every two hours while outdoors. Use within six months.
For your Dog :
– 3 lemons
– 3 cups water
– 1 ½ cups vinegar
- Cut and juice the lemons. Slice the lemons and place into a large pot. Use a fork to mash the lemons a little so they release some of their juices.
- Boil the lemons in water over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and let the lemons simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and let the lemons soak in the water overnight, or for about eight hours.
- Strain out the lemons and discard, saving the water.
- Add the vinegar to mixture and pour it into a spray bottle.