National Apple Turnover Day ! These are fast and easy using sheets of frozen Puff pastry :
4 medium Apples – peeled and chopped
1/2cup packed brown sugar
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
1sheet frozen puff pastry,
thawed Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- 2In 2-quart saucepan, heat apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer about 5 minutes or until thickened and apples are tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 3Sprinkle work surface lightly with flour. Roll out thawed puff pastry into 15-inch square. Cut into 4 smaller squares.
- 4Brush each square with egg wash; spoon apple mixture onto center of each. Fold each in half diagonally to form a triangle; press edges together to seal. Use back of fork to crimp edges. Transfer to cookie sheet; brush with egg wash. Use sharp knife to cut a few vents into each turnover.
- 5Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.