As we wake up this Monday morning we are Thankful that Barry come through with little damage. But we are still dealing with the rain and flooding….
After the Storm:
Life is back to normal. My husband went back to work to deal with any problems in town. And once the Rain stop coordinate clean up with fire dept ,police and maintenance department. . Me well its family duties as usual and clean up at my parents when weather permits. Also I volunteered to cook a meal for everyone at the office – Lisa
I am making a big batch of Sloppy Joe’s in my crock pot to feed a crowd of workers :
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 sandwich buns, split.
- cook ground beef over medium to high heat on the stove.
- Add onions, celery and bell pepper and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until beef is cooked through. Stir frequently.
- Add to your slow cooker after cooking Then continue :
- Add chili sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve hot on sandwich buns with a side of potato chips.
- Thanks to all the volunteers/Crews who have come to Louisiana to help with clean up and getting power up. My Dad worked many years for the phone company and worked every storm where need so Thanks for all you Do!!! Lisa