Hold on to your buns, the burger revolution has begun! The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planettakes the popular veggie burger to the next level of flavor and fun with more than 100 daringly delicious, internationally inspired vegan burgers—burgers that stack up to any patty around (meat-full or meat-free) and will wow not only your vegetarian and vegan friends, but all the skeptics, too.
In this revised edition of the original, you’ll find more than 30 new recipes featuring healthier options, fewer processed ingredients, and more whole-food, plant-strong ingredients like jackfruit and aquafaba (plus icons for no added oil/salt/sugar, and even more gluten-free recipes!). You’ll also find budget-friendly tips and tricks, a “fast-food favorites” section that recreates iconic favorites from popular chains, updated techniques, and alternative cooking methods to include the slow cooker and air fryer.
All of the recipes you’ll find inside have been expertly designed to suit your every craving and desire, and include such favorites as:
- Denver Omelet Breakfast Burger
- BLT with Avocado Burger
- Pulled “Pork” Sliders
- Inside-Out Sushi Burger
- Super Quinoa Burger
- Sesame Bean Banh Mi Burger
- Mac and Cheese Burger
- Split Pea with HAMburger
- Summer Squash Burger
- Korean BBQ Burger
With The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet, you’ll find more than 100 ways of looking at burgers in a whole new way. Let’s get this “patty” started!
My book Review :
About once a week my husband and I try to eat vegan. And one of his favorite is the grilled burger below. But this book had a ton of new ideas and recipes for my meatless day. We loved the squash burger and can’t wait to share it with others. I also liked that the book included alternative cooking method – we are big grillers but I will be trying the slow cooker method…. Lisa
My Recipe : Portabello Mushroom Burger
- 6 Large Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp GF Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Directions :
- Mic together the marinade ingredients into a small bowl.
- Place the mushroom caps cap side down in baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. Let the mushrooms soak in the marinade for about 30 minutes, occasionally brushing the tops of the mushrooms.
- Grill mushrooms for 5-7 minutes per side beginning with cap side down. Continue to brush the mushrooms with the marinade while they are cooking.
- Serve on toasted bread with your favorite toppings, or with mixed greens in a salad.