My last August Party post is about College snacks. Link up your favorite recipe and share…. Lisa
Once a month I send a Care package of goods to my son with snacks and gifts.
Homemade Granola :
My son is not a big sweet eater – hes all about the salt ,sweet with a crunch. The granola can be eat as is or Cereal.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup coconut unsweetened, shredded
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup almonds sliced
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice mix or ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon each cardamom, nutmeg, allspice, ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 cup applesauce homemade or unsweetened store-bought
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix oats, all seeds, nuts and spices in a large bowl. Add melted coconut oil and applesauce and stir to combine.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Toss and bake another 10 minutes. Repeat tossing every 10 minutes for a total baking time of 35 – 45 minutes until granola turns golden. Granola will get crunchy as it cools.
- Once removed from the oven sprinkle with raisins and let granola cool at room temperature. Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Trail Mix :
You can change this up. At Halloween I use raisins, white and dark chocolate chips and lots of goldfish and crackers.
- 1/2 cup unsalted mixed nuts
- 2 1/2 cups multigrain toasted oat cereal
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup whole-grain cheddar Goldfish crackers
Combine nuts, cereal, dried cherries, M&M’s, pretzel twists, and Goldfish crackers. Portion into 1/2 cup servings.