Today’s Addition of Home for the Holiday’s is all about the holiday scents …
Let’s start with homemade
- Fill a sauce pan with water and set it on the stove. Turn the heat on high so the water will boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons ground pumpkin pie spice to the water. If not available, add 1 tablespoon each of nutmeg, cloves and ginger to create pumpkin pie spice yourself.
- Place 2 to 4 fresh cinnamon sticks into the water.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract into the boiling mixture. Turn the heat down to simmer once it has reached the boiling point. Simmer the ingredients for an hour to freshen your home with the scent of pumpkin pie spices.
Oil Diffuser recipe :
Pumpkin Spice: In general, add about 10 drops of essential oils to a diffuser. Here are some great fall essential oil diffuser recipes to start trying now …
- 5 drops Orange
- 3 drops Cinnamon
- 2 drop Clove
- 1 drop Nutmeg
Harvest Spiced Pumpkin Candle
- SOY wax flakes
- color /essential oils for candles
Clean container and place wick in center. Melt wax ( microwave or double boiler) and color and add scents. Pour into container and let set up.
All my supplies came from Hobby Lobby or if just start out a Candle Kit is the way to go. Lisa
Fall and Winter flavors :
Smells of Christmas :
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries OR 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks crushed
- 1-2 star ansie optional
- 1 tablespoon cardamom crushed
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1/4 cup candied ginger
- 1 vanilla bean halved lengthwise
- 1 fresh pine or 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 cup Satsuma or tangerine OR 1/3 candied orange peel
- Combine all the ingredients except the orange in a burlap bag or glass jar. If using a jar, add the orange and seal the jar. If using a burlap bag, tie the sack shut and then tie the orange onto the outside of the sack. You can also just place the orange inside the sack. Decorate as desired.
- If using fresh cranberries and oranges, gift the potpourri within 2-3 days of making and keep stored in the fridge. If you use all dried fruits, the potpourri can be stored at room temperature for up to a month.
- To make the Potpourri, add the contents of your bag (or jar) to a medium size pot. Add water until it comes 3/4 the way up the pot. Simmer on the stove over low heat, adding water every so often to keep it from drying up.
I make this early in the season and give out batches to friends to enjoy. Lisa
Homemade Christmas Candles:
- Soy Wax chips
- Melt the Wax. Using your double boiler, melt the wax. …
- Adhere Wick to Container. While the wax is melting, adhere the wick to the container. …
- Cool, and Pour Into Container. …
- Secure Wick. …
- Enjoy Your Candle!
The Best Essential Oil Blends for Fall
- Cinnamon Bark. Cinnamon Bark essential oil promotes a healthy immune response. …
- Clove. Clove essential oil promotes a healthy immune response, and may support overall wellness.
- Peppermint. …
- Pine and Eucalyptus Globulus. …
- Frankincense and Lavender.