Today’s holiday : Divali festival of lights held this year Oct 27th.
My friend Ann introduced me to her family holiday from India and I shared one of hubby’s favorite holiday that also celebrate light :.
Light is an important element in many holidays and festivals throughout the world. It is the symbol of the divine and bringing light into the world. Light also has meaning related to the religious or cultural background of different countries.
Every year around October and November, Hindus around the world celebrate Diwali, or Deepavali—a festival of lights that stretches back more than 2,500 years. And in India, the five-day celebration marks the biggest holiday of the year.
- Clean your house on or before the first day of Diwali. …
- Draw footprints to scatter through your home on the first day. …
- Shop for new clothes, jewelry, and utensils. …
- Decorate your home and doorways with rangoli on the second day. …
- Light diyas and candles around your home, especially in the doorways.
- made with folded paper and embellishments.
Chinese Mid Autumn festival :
Also celebrates the Light . Held in October this year and like the Indian version filled with family ,food and fun. Lisa
Kids Crafts :
Made out of a sheet of scrapbook paper. These are fun and easy crafts that the kids can make.