Every Saturday of November I am blogging about Birthday’s.
November happen ‘s to be my Mom and my own birthday month but I am willing to share. What does that mean ? You will see :
- Birthday cards
- birthday scrapbook layouts
- birthday party plans & decor
- Birthday Cake
- Lots of creative paper fun …so stay tuned to Saturdays in November !
Birthday Cards :
This layout celebrates dots and Laughter with this one picture spread. This is my Mom cutting her Lemon birthday cake.
Easy Lemon Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 T lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture. Pour in milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix until you achieve a smooth batter. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Party planning tips :
Best party themes for an adult birthday
- casino night
- Cooking demo
- Movie themed party
- wine tasting party
- Board games
With the theme in mind make plans. Place,time and date. Make invitation to match theme and food for event. Enjoy!!!!