Need a tailgating recipe for the Game! Sweet and Sour Mini Meatballs is a hit…..Lisa
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1/2 C chopped green peepers and celery
- 1 small can of pineapple cubes
1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs and onion. Mix thoroughly and shape into golf ball-sized balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, gently brown the meatballs and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, water, white vinegar and soy sauce. Mix thoroughly. Add meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for 30 minutes.Add chucks of green pepper,celery and pineapples and let Simmer . Place in chaffing dish too keep warm.