Happy Thanksgiving Food bloggers:
Slow Cooked Herb roasted Turkey Breast with gravy ::
- 2 pounds turkey breast, boneless, skin on
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, 1-inch dice
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Make a rub by combine paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder ,seasoning and olive oil. Coat the turkey breast with this mixture.
- sprinkle in garlic cloves, onions and rosemary evenly over the bottom of a 6-quart sized slow cooker.
- Place the turkey breast in the slow cooker on top of the garlic, onions, and rosemary.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3 hours.
- After cooking remove Turkey -if you would like the top brown place in oven to crisp up. Take out and let rest.
- Make your grave from the strain juice in the crock pot while turkey is resting. And serve.