Welcome to my Kitchen and the Thursday food blog : In my crockpot I am making….
- 3 chicken breast
- 1 cup parboiled rice* (also called converted rice)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 3 celery chopped
- 3 garlic minced
- 3 teaspoons salt/pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 9 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- Place all ingredients in order in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- A few minutes before serving, remove the chicken from slow cooker and shred or cut into cubes.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker, and let it cook for 5-10 more minutes.
THURSDAY KITCHEN TIPS :
If you prefer brown rice or wild rice, leave the parboiled rice out of the slow cooker when adding the other ingredients. Prepare 1 cup uncooked brown or wild rice according to Stir the cooked rice into the soup just before serving.