A New Family tradition to start tonight :
MAGIC REINDEER FOOD POEM
Make a wish and close your eyes tight,
Then sprinkle on your lawn at night.
As Santa’s reindeer fly and roam,
Recipe for Reindeer food :
- Raw uncooked oats
- Sugar cookie sprinkles
- Plastic sandwich or snack baggies
- Ribbon in festive holiday colors
After you put out the milk and cookies for Santa, head outside to sprinkle this magic reindeer food on the snow or your lawn.
Bag toppers or Tags:
For the Family : Chex Mix Reindeer Food
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package crispy corn cereal squares (such as Corn Chex®
- 1 (14 ounce) package candy-coated milk chocolate pieces (such as M&M’s®)
- 1 (20 ounce) package miniature pretzels
- dry roasted peanuts
- 24 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Cover a large area of counter space with waxed paper and tape it down.
- Mix pretzels, corn cereal squares, peanuts, and candy-coated milk chocolate pieces together in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Pour melted white chocolate over pretzel mixture; stir to evenly coat. Quickly transfer mixture to the prepared waxed paper and spread in a thin layer; cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.