Today in my kitchen : Vegan White Bean Soup
- 1lb. dried Great Northern beans, soaked overnight if possible, drained & rinsed*
- 3 carrots, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sage,
- 4c vegetable broth
- 2c water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak beans in water at least 4-12 hours, or overnight (see notes for a detailed explanation of how to do this.) Drain and rinse beans in a colander.
- Place soaked beans, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and sage in the slow cooker.
- Cover with broth and water.
- Cover with lid and cook on HIGH for about 6-8 hours (the beans will be tender after 3-4 hours if you’ve soaked them beforehand, but the longer it cooks, the creamier the soup gets).
- Taste soup and add salt and pepper to taste.
Tip : Forgot to soak beans
rinse them in a colander and plan on them taking about 7-8 hours to fully cook in the slow cooker
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: