On my Craft table : DIY Lip Balm for the cold weather.
Here are six tips to keep your lips smooth and lovely all winter long:
- Don’t lick your lips. …
- Use a lip balm that is ointment-based. …
- Avoid lip balms containing camphor, eucalyptus and menthol. …
- Avoid brushing or rubbing your lips when they are flaky or peeling. …
- Treat cracks right away.
- apply lip balm before going to bead
DIY Lip Balm recipe :
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 5 Tablespoons beeswax, melted
- 12 drops essential oils
- Microwave coconut oil and beeswax in a glass bowl. Stir every 30 seconds or so.
- Add essential oils
- Stir gently and pour into containers.
- Let set (10 min or so).
- Screw on tops.
THE THREE FUNDAMENTALS OF A DRY LIPS CURE
- Exfoliate. Gently rub your lips with a homemade mixture of olive or coconut oil and sugar and wipe clean with a face washer or a splash of warm water. …
- Wear lip balm regularly. Apply and reapply a good quality lip balm, often: …
- Apply a dry lips treatment overnight.
For an overnight lip treatment, mix a small amount of olive oil and honey together. Honey has been proven to have antibacterial and wound-healing properties, and the olive oil will help to moisturize. Apply the mixture to your lips before you go to bed, and your lips will be soft and smooth in the morning.
Lip Scrub recipes :
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lukewarm water
- Start by mixing the coconut oil and honey.
- Add the brown sugar and the lukewarm water to this mixture.
- Rub the mixture on your lips in a circular motion for two to three minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Recycled Containers :
Empty Baby food jars. Cleaned out and reused.
Place your mostly-empty lip gloss tubes standing upright in the mug of hot water. (They should be sealed tightly so the H2O doesn’t contaminate the products.) After 10 minutes, the gloss on the sides of the tubes should have settled to the bottom. Now remove the gloss from the package.
Also small mint containers -can be reused.