The must-have guide to faux calligraphy for beginners!
- An interactive workbook to the art of hand lettering for beginners
- Use normal everyday pens to learn to letter, no brush pen or calligraphy nub necessary
- Versatile method to faux calligraphy works for paper, chalkboards, wood, glass, and other large formats
- Practice 5 alphabet styles to draw letters, words, inspirational phrases, and bible verses
- 5 step-by-step projects to help you practice your lettering on home décor, chalk boards, and gifts
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to hand letter, now is the time! Lettering for Absolute Beginners Workbook is an interactive workbook designed to teach you, in careful progression, how to create gorgeous lettering with any pen on any surface—no brush pen or calligraphy nib necessary!
Inside, you’ll find everything you need to know to begin a hobby of hand lettering. You’ll learn how to draw letters, words, inspirational phrases, and bible verses in multiple alphabet styles by practicing outlining letters and thickening downstrokes. A bonus section with full-page traceable phrases and backgrounds allow you to make your own art, pull it out, and frame it!
Simple, approachable, and fun, this method is versatile for any surface so you can create stunning faux calligraphy on paper, chalkboards, wood, glass, and more. You don’t need any special skills or lettering experience to get started.
Author Danielle Stringer is the owner and artist behind Imperfect Dust and shares her secret to hand lettering—that it doesn’t have to be daunting! Starting with the basics and the hope of encouraging beginners to pick up a pen and go for it, Stringer will teach you how to achieve the calligraphy look with simple key lines. Learn five different alphabets in both upper and lower case to trace and try. From there, practice lettering common words and continue on to sweet sayings.
Net Galley Review :
I use calligraphy lots when I do bible verse or bible journaling or even making gifts and this a great book to have on hand. If you have never done it before its got great tips for beginners so you can be a master in no time. If you are interested in this type of lettering -Grab this book and keep practicing.