Hope you had another wonderful week out there!
We are still staying at home in Louisiana. And the week was busy with my son finishing college finials at home and my hubby taking care of town business. But we are okay and that what’s important. Mother’s Day in the US is tomorrow but it will be low keyed and quite. So Saturday brunch is a favorite of mine and Mom-So enjoy :
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- cooking spray
Strawberry sauce : (Fresh Louisiana strawberries)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries hulled, then halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- whipped cream or powdered sugar (for topping)
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; stir to combine.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and milk to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Slowly add the butter, stirring constantly.
- Coat the waffle iron plates with cooking spray and cook the waffles according to manufacturer’s directions.
- While the waffles are cooking, make the sauce.
- Place the strawberries, sugar and cornstarch in a pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until berries are soft and sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes.