Today we are having a Jazz Brunch featuring the sounds of New Orleans ! So enjoy :
What is a jazz brunch?We don’t have to explain the definition of brunch to you. And you probably feel safe guessing that a jazz brunch is simply the popular weekend meal accompanied by jazz music — and you’re absolutely right
Grams Perfect Poached Eggs :
|2 – 4||large EGGS, cold|
|Pinch||Salt and pepper|
Yields: 2 servings
- HEAT 2 to 3 inches of water in large saucepan or deep skillet to boiling. ADJUST heat to keep liquid simmering gently.
- BREAK eggs one at a time into custard cup or saucer. Holding dish close to surface, SLIP egg into water.
- COOK eggs until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not stir. LIFT eggs from water with slotted spoon. DRAIN in spoon or on paper towels. TRIM any rough edges if desired. SPRINKLE with salt and pepper. SERVE immediately.
Kitchen tips :
- Use very fresh eggs for poaching. They hold their shape better and form fewer wispy threads or “angel wings” in the water.
- Do not swirl the water when poaching eggs. This creates a vortex that will ruffle the delicate egg protein. Relatively quiet water that is gently simmering produces the best result.