In the #1 New York Times bestseller We Are the Gardeners, Joanna Gaines and the kids chronicle the adventures of starting their own family garden. From their failed endeavors, obstacles to overcome (bunnies that eat everything), and all of the knowledge they gain along the way, the Gaines family shares how they learned to grow a happy, successful garden.
We Are the Gardeners is a whimsical picture book perfect for:
- Ages 4-8
- Parents, libraries, classroom story times, and discussions focusing on springtime and gardening
- Households that enjoy watching HGTV’s Fixer Upper
- Young children and families interested in gardening and plants
After reading, children will learn:
- Trying something new isn’t always easy, but the hardest work often yields the greatest reward
- The basic steps and process of starting a garden
- The importance of patience and how it is possible to learn from your mistakes
You and your children will learn all about the Gaines family’s story of becoming gardeners in Joanna’s first children’s book–starting with the first little fern Chip bought for Jo. Over the years, the family’s love for gardening has blossomed into what is now a beautiful, bustling garden.
Children Book Review :
I found this book adorable! The story is sweet and has many subtle important life lessons for children. The illustrations are soft and beautiful. I cant wait to share it with my granddaughter and future students!