Welcome to Wednesday food blog !
Today I am posting one of my favorite cookies that has many names but i just call them Yummy! Let’s make a batch for National Nut Day !!!
Why are they called Pecan Sandies? Pecan sandies are basically pecan shortbread. They are an American staple and are called Sandies because of their “sandy”, crumby, shortbread-like texture. This version has ground up pecans inside which not only add flavour, but makes them super crumbly and buttery and they just melt in your mouth
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet and flatten with fingers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar.