If you want to make your own Advent wreath at home. Why not start with making your own Candles. Its the perfect time to try a new hobby and can also be a great gift idea for the Holiday. Gather some basic supplies and start a new family tradition…. Lisa
Basic supplies for candles :
- Wax ( Soy wax chips)
- Glass microwavable container
- Container ( for candle) small canning jars work great
- Fragrance (optional)
- Color (optional) ( candle colors chips or crayons)
- Skewers or Popsicle sticks for holding wicks upright.
Making candles https://www.candlescience.com/learning/beginner-soy-candle-making-instructions-candle-tins
- Measure the wax. Before you begin the candle–making process, make sure you have a clean, flat surface to work on. …
- Melt the wax.
- Keep a careful watch while heating wax in the microwave and Do Not walk away.
- Melting wax typically takes 4-5 minutes, but can vary depending on microwave.
- Be careful not to over heat wax once it liquifies.
- Container and melted wax will be hot! Use caution when removing melted wax from microwave.
- Add color and any fragrance oils. Then place wick in center of container. (glue dots work great)
- Pour the wax.
- Secure the wick between skewers so it stays up right and in the middle until wax is setting. Add wax if needed
- After wax hardens . Cut the wick. to correct length.
Broken Crayons : are great way to get the pinks and purples colors for your wreath.
Advent Wreath Ideas
You can use any real or artificial greenery. Trim the ends off a couple branches of your Christmas tree if you already have it.
I went out and trimmed some leaves and berries off a bush in our front yard.
- greenery (real or artificial)
- Christmas ornaments
- pine cones