Today on my Food Blog – my Mom’s traditional Christmas Ham. I love to cook and share family recipes but the most joy I get is passing on the family memories associated with the food. At Christmas time Mom always made Ham. Its a family tradition I gladly cook. With a twist : change from mustard to mayonnaise because of hubby food allergies. It’s also Maple Syrup day – enjoy
Mom’s Maple Syrup Glazed Ham :
- 1 spiral-sliced fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard ( Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake until a thermometer reads 130°, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven. Pour glaze over ham. Bake ham, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 140°, 15-30 minutes longer.