Thanks for stopping bye this last Tuesday of the month. The town has been busy keeping warm after the big freeze but we all came together and made it happen. This Fourth Tuesday its all about small town life:
At the library : Virtually
In the honor of Black History month: We are closed inside because of food truck but I am still posting library book picks and chatting about books on the towns facebook page. Lisa
Tuesday’s Library Facebook post: The Study of Harriet Tubman
Help kids ages 6 to 9 discover the life of Harriet Tubman―a story about courage, bravery, and freedom
Harriet Tubman became a celebrated leader in the fight to free people from slavery. Before that, she was a determined young girl who believed that everyone deserved to be free. Harriet Tubman bravely used the Underground Railroad―a network of secret routes and safe houses―to free herself and many other enslaved people. Explore how Harriet Tubman went from being a slave on a plantation in Maryland to one of the most important figures in American history. How will her courageous spirit inspire you?
This Harriet Tubman biography includes:
- Path to freedom―Explore a visual timeline of Harriet’s life so you can see her progress over time.
- Helpful definitions―Discover a glossary with easy-to-understand definitions for the more advanced words and ideas in the book.
- Test your knowledge―Take a quiz to make sure you understand the who, what, where, when, why, and how of Harriet’s life.
In the Parking Lot Food Distribution: February
Recipe : Turkey Chili
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans – drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and peppers. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.