This Saturday the kids and I are celebrating the Mars rover and baking and decorating some Sugar cookies. Come join the fun…. Lisa
- Mission Name: Mars 2020
- Rover Name: Perseverance
- Main Job: Seek signs of ancient life and collect samples of rock and regolith (broken rock and soil) for possible return to Earth.
- Launch: July 30, 2020
- Landing: Feb. 18, 2021, Jezero Crater, Mars
- Tech Demo: The Mars Helicopter is a technology demonstration, hitching a ride on the Perseverance rover.https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/
Mars and Space Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 175˚C
- 2. Cream butter and sugar until smooth
- 3. Add vanilla and egg and beat well
- 4. Combine the baking powder and flour in a separate bowl, slowly add the wet ingredients and mix well. If it gets too stiff, turn out onto countertop surface and finish kneading with wet hands.
- 5. Divide the dough into workable batches and roll out on a floured surface.
- 6. Cut into shapes. Mars or other planets .
- 7. Bake for 6-10 minutes and let cool a little on tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
- 8. Decorate the planet with icing : Mars is Red
My coffee filter craft. For my Mars rover watching party with the kids we made fun plant shapes using coffee filter, washable markers and a water spray bottle. Color you coffee filter then spray with water and let dry. Lisa