Welcome to my Wednesday Food Blog where I share family recipes and all things tasty… Today its all about sliders and BBQ.
BBQ Chicken sliders :
- 12 dinner rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half in a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) rimmed baking dish. Spread the chicken evenly over the rolls, followed by the barbecue sauce, red onion, Pepper Jack cheese, and parsley. Top with the remaining rolls.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes, until the bread is golden brown. Slice into individual sliders, then serve
Roast Beef and Cheddar Cheese sliders
- 2 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 16 oz. Barbecue Sauce
- 8 slices sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 16 each, soft slider rolls
- 32 slices bread and butter pickle chips
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Form ground beef into 2-oz. sliders. Season with salt and pepper and grill until desired degree of doneness.
- Before removing from grill top each slider with 1 oz. BBQ sauce and ½ slice cheddar cheese.
- Place lettuce on bottom half of roll, top with slider, place 2 pickle chips on each slider, place top half of roll on. Serve.