Welcome to my Wednesday Food blog. This August I it’s all about Back to School. So Today it’s Breakfast :
Overnight Oatmeal Jars:
- 1/4 cup oats (old-fashioned)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey ( maple syrup)
- Measure out the main base ingredients into the bottom of each jar. I start with the dry ingredients (oats, chia seeds) then add the milk, yogurt and honey. You can line up a series of jars and knock out 6 or more at a time.
- Add the topping ingredients (such as cinnamon and applesauce or pumpkin and peanut butter) to the top of each jar. They will be very full.
- Carefully mix everything together very well.
- Put the lid on and store the oatmeal jars in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Milk: You can use any type of Milk.
Tou can top with whatever your kids like. Blueberry ,Strawberries, Applesauce, or Ba
Pancake Fruit Muffins
- vegetable oil , for the tin
- 2 3/4 C plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 T butter
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup , plus extra to serve
- handful of raspberries or blueberries, or a bit of each
- ½ banana , sliced
- Oil a 12-hole muffin tin generously, using a pastry brush to make sure you get in all the corners and up the sides. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas Mix the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- STEP 2Melt the butter . Add the milk, then the eggs and maple syrup, whisk together, then pour into the dry ingredients and mix again to a smooth batter. Divide evenly between the holes of your tin.
- STEP 3 Top each muffin with a few berries or slices of banana. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown. Test if the muffins are cooked by pushing a skewer into the center of one. If it comes out clean, they’re ready. If not, continue cooking for a few more minutes. Once cooked, cool for 5 mins, then remove from the tin with a cutlery knife. Enjoy
Easy Egg Muffins :
- 6 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped veggies
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (I prefer shredded sharp cheddar)
- Grease muffin pan
- Add veggies and cheese to muffin pan
- Pour eggs over veggies and cheese–3/4 way to the top
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes