So today it’s all about Lunch. Lunch idea’s for kids or adults that needs a healthy quick lunch.
Make a weekly Menu plan that way you can shop for what you need ahead of time. Here’s an easy sample you can find on line.
If you are schooling at Home : I posted a daily menu on the Fridge letting everyone know what’s being served that day.
- Mini Rolls or sliced Sub buns
- Honey Baked Ham
- Cheddar Cheese
- mayo spread.
To make easy healthy sandwiches for school, swap mayo for healthier alternatives, like mashed avocado or hummus. Add a few leaves of iceberg lettuce for a satisfying crunch.
I am serving with it a selection of Fruit and Dips as well as pretzels’ for crunch.
Turkey and Cranberry Roll up :
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1-1/2 pounds thinly sliced deli turkey
- 8 slices (1 ounce each) part-skim mozzarella cheese. In a small bowl, combine the oranges, apple and cranberries. In another bowl, combine yogurt and mayonnaise; spread over tortillas. Layer each with lettuce, turkey, cheese, fruit mixture . Roll up tightly.
Mini Pizza :
If you are packing for Lunch -Bake and let Cool and Pack. If at home have fun making and baking.
- 4 english muffins cut in half
- 6 Tablespoons pizza sauce
- 8 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz mini pepperoni
- 2 cups grapes
- 4 mini cucumbers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Place the English muffin halves cut side up onto a baking sheet. Spoon pizza sauce evenly on top of each one. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned on the edge