Good Morning Everyone and Welcome to my Sunday Table. We gather around the table for a Good mral, Family News and sharing what we are Thankful for. So Grab a Chair and join in. Lisa
Grams Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 very large green bell peppers or about 5 small ones
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked brown or white rice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds. Place the peppers in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes, just until the peppers are slightly soft. Drain, rinse with cool water and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- In a skillet, heat the ground beef and onion and cook until no pink remains. Drain.
- Add the salt, pepper, rice, garlic powder and half of the tomato sauce.
- Stir well and spoon into the peppers.
- Top with the other half of the tomato sauce.
- Bake in an ungreased dish at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm
We are waiting for Hurricane Ida to come in Sunday night and into Monday. We should be okay but will get Rain and Wind. My son stayed in his dorm to ride out the Hurricane and the University has plans made.