Welcome to my Table this Sunday. In September of last year I lost my Mother- to celebrate her life I am sharing some of my Mom’s Favorite eats either at home or in restraints. And in this case after eating this Salad out -she came home and made it for friends and family to enjoy… Lisa
Louisiana Sensation Salad :
Sensation Salad originated in the kitchen at the old Bob & Jake’s Restaurant in Baton Rouge, LA. I believe the restaurant closed down in the early 70s. But, the Sensation Salad has sunk its roots deep into the local culinary culture. Taste it once and you’ll know why.
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- ⅓ to ½ extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup of grated Romano cheese
- Crush the garlic well. Use a little salt as an abrasive (we use a mortar & pestle to crush garlic).
- In a glass mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar. Whisking constantly, add the olive oil gradually. Whisk in the garlic, along with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the lettuce, parsley and Romano in a large salad bowl. Add just enough dressing to coat the lettuce evenly. Toss.
- Cover and chill in the fridge at least 15 minutes before serving.
Tou can serve this with Grilled Chicken on top for a complete meal. Or a starter before your meal with Seafood , Chicken or Pasta dishes.
Grilled Romain Sensation Salad
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and patted dry
- 24 peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sensation salad dressing
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Working in batches, placeromaine halves, cut side down, onto grill pan. Cook until grill marks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Working in batches, add shrimp to grill pan, and cook until pink and firm, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Place romaine, grilled side up, on a serving platter. Top with shrimp, tomatoes, onion, and parsley. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Whant to buy the dressing already made https://hanleysfoods.com/collections?variant=13727337578571