In the South – Football is a religion. From Friday night lights, Saturday college Football and the Saints on Sunday. Today’s post we celebrate Football weekend with Sunday treats.
Saturday Football :
Sunday : Saint tailgate party :
- 1lb l lean ground beef
- 1⁄2cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1teaspoon s salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon Worchester sauce
- 1tablespoon parmesan cheese , grated
- 1(32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Place first seven ingredients in large bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands just until combined. (I wear food prep gloves.) Shape into approximately 30 1-inch balls.
- Bake in an ungreased oblong pan (13x9x2) in a 400°F oven until light brown, 20-25 minutes. OR: cook over medium heat in frying pan, turning occasionally, until brown, about 20 minutes.
- Place cooked meatballs and spaghetti sauce in crock pot. Cook on low for about 2 hours. If you cook longer, stir every hour or so.
- Place meatballs and sauce in buns/rolls and top with mozzarella cheese.