Today is National Brained Fruit Day ! The perfect time to get this ready for Christmas cooking. Lisa
Friendship Brandy Starter
- 1(20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1(16 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1(10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 1⁄4cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4cups brandy
- TO START: Combine all ingredients in a clean, large glass jar.
- Stir gently with wooden spoon.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for three weeks, stirring at least twice a week.
- Fruit is fermented when it is translucent.
- CARE AND FEEDING: Stir mixture daily.
- Every two weeks add one cup sugar and one cup of fruit and stir gently. Alternate fruits each time.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature at least three days before using.
- Do not add fruit more often than once every two weeks.
- Do not delay adding fruit for more than one or two days past schedule.
- IMPORTANT: To keep the starter going, retain at least three cups at all times.
- SHARING: Whenever you have more than six cups of fermented fruit, you may divide it into two portions, being sure there are at least three cups in each portion.
- Do this just before you would do a normal feeding.
You can use this to make a cake https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/7900/thirty-day-friendship-cake/