Welcome to my celebration of two important people born in October. My brother in law and my Mother in Law. So join me outside on the patio as I get ready for a birthday party outside on the patio.
What makes people born in October special:
- Your October baby will be a Libra or Scorpio.
- October babies have two birthstones.
- October babies also have two birth flowers.
- October babies have athletic potential.
- More t president’s have been born in October
My Table setting:
What’s on the Menu:
Mom German Chocolate sheet cake: By request
- 1box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ German chocolate cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1box (1 lb) powdered sugar (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
- 2Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- 3Set oven control to broil. In medium bowl, mix condensed milk, coconut and pecans; spread over warm cake. Broil on lowest oven rack about 2 minutes or until golden. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- 4In large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Gradually add milk, beating until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Frost cake. Store covered in refrigerator.