Today we Celebrate the Mason Jar. In the South we use them for everything- decorations for weddings and tables, we use them for glass wear and of course canning. But doing the Holiday I love making cute gift baskets filled with recipes in Jars for friends and Co Workers. Lisa
Some of my favorite Jar recipe:
This is the perfect gift to give to neighbors, teachers, friends and families. These jars are great because the receiver can keep them in their pantry for whenever they’re wanting a shortcut to homemade cookies or the craving hits. They’re also perfect for making on Christmas Eve… because rumor has it…they are Santa’s favorite cookies. 😉
- Star with a quart sizes mason jar.
- Print the recipe below and then layer the flour, baking and salt using a spoon or funnel.
- Next layer the brown sugar and sugar.
- Finally add the chocolate chips and M&M
- Seal with a lid.
- 1pouch Betty Crocker™ Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1/3cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1cup crème de menthe baking chips
- 1/4cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1cup miniature marshmallows
Wet Mix for Baking
- 1/2cup butter, softened
- 2tablespoons milk
On Tag : Baking directions
Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper or silicone nonstick baking mat. Stir together Dry Mix from jar with required Wet Mix ingredients until well mixed. Scoop dough about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake 11 to 13 minutes.
Hot Chocolate Recipe :
- 3 tablespoons powdered creamer
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- optional: marshmallows, for garnish
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Add ½ cup of the hot chocolate mix to 1 cup of boiling water in a mug and stir until completely combined. Top with marshmallows, if desired, and enjoy!
One thought on “Tuesday : Mason Jar Day”
Such a great idea and easy made gifts!