This is one of my family favorite soaps. It can be made with meat or today Vegan with No meat. This New Year we are going Meatless one day a week. Lisa
15 bean soup mix ( dried beans,)
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more if not using broth)
- 15.5 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tab smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon apple vinegar
- Sort out beans and through out the cajun seasoning away . Soak the beans over night. Or you can cook beans in water on the stove for 20 minutes on high. Cut off and cover and let soak.
- Add soaked beans, broth, tomatoes, vegetables, oil, diced onion, salt, garlic and spices to a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or cook on high for 5 hours.
- Add vinegar about 5 minutes before serving.
One thought on “Healthy Eating”