Today on my Craft Table I am making crafts for Chinese New Year .
Paper Plate tiger : Year of the Tiger
- paper plate
- orange paint
- black paint
Paint plate and let dry. Add Tiger stripes and glue on Eyes.
- paper plate -cut in 1/2
- string and sticks
Cut paper plate in half. Paint and let dry. Decorate with glitter, writing and squires. Glue two cross sticks as handle. Place a piece of tape to hold. and string for decorations.
- Construction or other heavy colored paper (red is a traditional color for Chinese New Year)
- A ruler.
- A pencil.
- A stapler.
- Glue, glitter, stickers, markers, paint, sequins, and other things to decorate your lantern.
Here’s how to make your lantern:
- Fold your sheet of paper in half lengthwise.
- With your pencil and ruler, draw a line lengthwise on the paper one inch from the top of the unfolded edge. This is your “do not cut line” that marks where you stop cutting.
- Now, take your pencil and ruler and draw lines one inch apart from the folded edge to the do not cut line.
- Cut the paper along the lines to the “do not cut” line.
- Now unfold the paper. If you flip it over and re-crease the fold in the opposite direction you can hide your pencil marks.
- Roll the paper into a cylinder and tape the narrow edges of the paper together where they meet. The middle of the lantern will flare out at the crease.
- Cut a one-inch wide strip from the narrow end of another sheet of colored paper for your lantern’s handle. Use the stapler or tape to affix the handle to the top of the lantern.
- Add decorations: stickers, glitter, paint, markers, crayons, and more can be used to make your lantern a thing of beauty!