- 15.25 ounce box white cake mix
- 3 -ounce box strawberry jello
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen mashed or finely chopped (measured after you chop or mash them)
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup whole milk or 2% milk
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 -ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup Butter room temperature
- 5 to 6 cups confections sugar sifted then measured, more if needed
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream more if needed
- ¼ cup strawberries fresh or frozen, mashed or chopped fine, drained
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray pan(s) with non-stick spray .
- Add cake mix, eggs, milk, and vegetable oil to a mixing bowl. Use a mixer and mix well. Mix in the 1 cup of mashed strawberries and the (dry) strawberry gelatin.
- Mix 3 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl a couple of times.
- Divide the batter evenly among layer pans or pour into a 9x 13 pan Cool the cake layers for 10 minutes in the pan before removing them to a wore rack. Wait until the cake is completely cool before frosting.
Icing : Beat cream cheese and butter till smooth. Gradually add in sugar and Mix. Then add cream and fold in strawberries. Use between layers and for icing the cake.
Louisiana Strawberry Festival is here !
April 8-11 a festival just as sweet as the fruit it celebrates returns: The Ponchatoula Strawberry Fest. In memorial park festival attendees can enjoy three days of berry fun including entertainment, food and of course strawberries. This year the festival celebrates 50 years.